BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
International business comprises all commercial transactions (private and governmental, sales, investments, logistics, and transportation) that take place between two or more regions, countries and nations beyond their political boundaries.
DEGREE PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES
The programme has the following aims:
- To enable the study of organisations, their management and the changing external and international contexts in which they operate.
- Equip individuals for and/or development of a career in international business and associated specialized areas in business development, marketing, finance and tourism management at a professional or equivalent level to assume managerial positions in the arena of international business.
- Development of the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of international business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management practice.
- Enhancement of lifelong learning and personal development so as to be able to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large.
On successful completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of management theories, current issues of management, the development of conceptual frameworks to guide their application within organizations operating in an increasingly global and competitive environment.
- Acquire a strong foundation in key functional areas of business management to enable them to succeed as effective managers in an increasingly complex and dynamic environment.
- Exhibit a coherent body of knowledge on economic, ethical, environmental, legal, political, sociological and technological factors together with their effects at local, national and international levels upon the strategy, behaviour and management of organisations.
- Demonstrate command of a range of competencies relevant to cross-border management, including inter-cultural awareness and understanding.
- Acquire and use a range of concepts, tools and techniques for problem solving and decision-making for analyzing complex and inter-related business scenarios.
- Demonstrate and apply critical skills enabling the investigation and evaluation of valid and relevant management issues and practice